Monday, February 22, 2010

april showers bring may flowers

with lips made of copper
and hips slick with sneers,
i slide over to stop her
and to sharpen her ears;
"watch the wire,"
I tell her, with
contempt in my throat-
"hell desires,"
I tell her,
as I put on my coat.
Shining pewter
just rusted
just...almost adjusted
adjacent lines of tin windchimes,
and of nickels once trusted
sat rotting, us watching,
as she she picked up her old metals
and, licking her lips,
picked them off just like petals,
for each one she plucked, and each one she plundered
you could hear it rain down,
roar and rattle and thunder,
and that's why do this day,
when it rains silver grey
you can hear her her old swallows,
you can watch her mouth say
pittle pattle, young girl,
pittle pattle, tin tin-
smell the moist, metal air,
feel the rain on your skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment