Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You know, i should probably be doing something else.

come on skinny
jeans, beans, and crepuscular schemes,
let me back in to where i was
before, I got kicked out, no,
shoved out the door...
I fight and fight and fight with you,
red numbers and letters
and silent "fuck you's"
well, hey, who knew,
who could possibly tell me
that you were a fool.
all this time that i spent,
building houses of nothings,
well i guess it makes sense
that we went without trusting
each other, ourselves,
and my small, skinny dreams,
made of silvery shadows and once-purple moon beams
but thats gone, actually, it was never there to begin
and of course i'm upset, made a fool yet again
by my own thoughts, my own deeds,
guess i betrayed myself;
i thought it would fix things, i thought it might help
but now i'm stuck writing songs about two fools
on some shelf -
ish
shell fish
sell this, you piece of shit
no i'm kidding, no i'm not,
i don't mean what i say,
because if i say one thing at once
it'll change the next day
so here, here it is, for your eyes
almond eyes (if you see this at all)
i love you you fool, and i did all along;
there i said it, again, maybe this time
it'll sink
into your stomach, let it churn,
make you think
if it doesn't, thats fine, its not like this is news
i'll move on, give it time, and i might forget you
but for now, just consider, what i've laid on the table,
get up off your ass, kiss me back if you're able,
just because you've got balls doesn't mean that you're braver
than me, than he, than she, than that tree,
now i just talking nonsense
not writing poetry
so i'm gone, yeah i'm done, this has gone on too long,
these two stupid fools,
and this long, made up song.



No comments:

Post a Comment