Tuesday, March 9, 2010

this person will probably never read this.

but thank you anyway.
i'm glad we met,
you had such an influence on me.
you didn't TELL me to change;
merely showed me,
and let me find my own way.
you gave me purpose to achieve more;
to aspire to be everything i could be.
i drew energy from you;
returned it;
and it was always given back.
you were my source, my light,
my inspiration.
inexhaustible, i learned from you
to give EVERYTHING.
all at once.
WITHOUT HOLDING BACK.
to tell the truth;
to be honest, real.
(which we all should be anyway.)
i let go of my self,
yet learned to be entirely myself.
strange how paradoxical the truth can be.

and now, i just have to live it. every second.
and remind myself;
NOTHING is permanent.
this will all pass, with or without consent.
so SAY WHAT YOU FEEL
all the time. let people know.
you can always tell when you meet someone
who changes you for the better.
you can always tell what effect they have.

It's like, if you meet someone better than you,
then you should raise your thoughts to their level;
if you meet someone lesser than you,
you should look inside
and examine yourself.


that sort of thing.


anyway.
who do you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment